Saturday, June 25, 2016

No kitty kitty... (Post Op Day 3)




The kitty here is insistent and determined to come lay on my (cut open) tummy, like she usually did when I laid on the couch before my surgery. She's highly offended I am blocking her. But even the slightest touch by anyone or anything to my abdomen (that was cut open and spread open and organs pushed aside for the surgeons to work on my spine 3 days ago) is breathtaking (not in a good way!).

Her favorite thing? Jumping from Gabe's body to mine, on separate recliners. I cannot imagine the pain if this 15# cat was able to use my cut up belly as a spring board to get to her favorite sitting spot! Um, no Thank you!




In other news I am incredibly thankful to a local woman who I only know through name that responded to my fb garage sale post and offered to let me borrow their walker. It will help getting up from the couch, and bed, toilet etc so much easier! I doubt I should need it more than another week but we will see.


This is another thing that is going to come in handy the next few weeks. This kit I found on Amazon. It should be here by tomorrow, Very excited for it, as it is I can not pickup anything that is barely below waist level. Do  you realize what all is below waist level?? Yeah I didn't either until that area became off limits to me. Even bending over to lift the toilet seat up! Who would have ever though that involved much of a bend!?

Ah, another thing I found out when I was released. I am not allowed to drive a car for the next couple weeks while I am on these heavy pain killers (what heavy pain killers?? I'm still feeling heavy pain!?)  That's gonna be weird. I am not use to not being able to drive myself places.

Well tomorrow is a new day. Hoping it leads to less pain and a little more mobility!