Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Don't be nervous

I'm not one to show weakness. Or at least I try to hide it. But I'll admit I'm feeling pretty scared about tomorrow's spine surgery as I sit here for Pre-op blood work. I've been nervous all along whenever I think about it too much but now I'm really getting nervous.

I've never been one to be afraid of pain but I find myself the most nervous about how much pain I'll be in when I wake up from surgery. After being in constant 24 hours a day pain for so long the thought of increased pain makes me cringe.

Surgery starts at 7 a.m. Prayers for peace of mind & pain management would be appreciated. Surgery is about 4 hours long. They'll be operating on my spine through my stomach first to remove the little bit of disc that is left, then inserting the fake disc. Then they will flip me over to bolt in a couple of screws in my back.

I'm praying I can return to normal life with a quick recovery. I miss feeling normal so much. I miss working out and feeling fit. I just can't imagine my life without being able to workout, it's so much of my life! Praying this brings me back to it.

No comments: