Monday, June 27, 2016

A better day.... (Post Op Day 5)



Whew. Last night was another rough night. I guess there is something about the dark, barely being able to move on your own (although once I am up and walking I do pretty good), that brings in the dark thoughts. Of course me stumbling on a spine website with a forum I had never seen before the surgery was probably not helping me much. Some of the horror stories were pretty frightful! Just helped bring in all the panic I had experienced the night before (which I mentioned in my previous post).  I think I will wait a month or three before I go check out that site again.

Overall today is better than the other. Still soooo far from normal. Still hurts, so so cautious, but the pain is becoming a little less intense each day, so that is a huge relief. 

I still don't feel well enough to get out besides a sort walk down the street. Hubby was wanting to take the kids and I out to Braums, but honestly I don't think I can handle an hr out yet. Just not quite there yet. But it does feel like each day get's me a little closer.

Little Miss Bella seems quite happy with herself today for making it to sit on my shoulder since she is still not allowed on my stomach.


Oh! My bandages got changed for the first time today on day 5. Well most of the bandage. There is still a small bandage that still covers the incision itself so I can't see how big the scar is yet. 
Oh, and I got to have my second shower today. That felt really refreshing! Being one that likes my daily showers, taking one every other day has been weird. But honestly it takes alot of work to take a shower. But it's getting easier. :) 

This brace has to be worn ALL day, no matter what I am doing aside from when I am in bed or taking a shower,  It's not so fun but it's super important I don't bend or twist at all!  I didn't get a very good picture of it, I'll try to another time.

Looking forward to tomorrow and a little less pain, and a little more movement! 

I don't think I have ever been so in love with my husband as I am now while he so lovingly takes care of me at every little thing I need (and believe me it's a lot, I can't do for myself). He's such a great man! 



No comments:

Post a Comment